YOJP ~ Weeks 13, 14, 15 and a garden report

I've been keeping up with the
making of projects and the posting of projects
but haven't had a lot of time to blog about projects
or anything else for that matter.
You'll see why shortly☺

Lets get right to it ~
Did a quicky wrap bracelet for Week 13

Did these little cuties that  match my Week 12 project
(mainly because I hadn't taken the time to sort and put away the beads☺)

 
Then these for Week 15
All of the components in these were part of
one of the Bead Soups that didn't get sent off.

Now for the garden report.
I am trying to plant most of what I am putting in my raised beds
 this year from seed.
Keep in mind that this is my third year even trying to grow vegetables.
The first year was just in the greenhouse.
Then last year we put in some raised beds
and I think they did very well.

This year we're adding more beds
Lumber and soil for new beds
In addition to the 10 ~ 2x8 beds we already have
 we will be putting in 6 ~ 4x8 beds
I'm SO excited
(and I know by the end of summer I will be saying
"What the hell was I thinking!" ☺)

On the first of March
I planted an experimental batch
just to see how long a variety of plants would take to grow
in my storage area.
Top pick is at 3 weeks
and the bottom is at 6 weeks.
I don't know if these guys will last another 6 weeks
in my storage area.
We'll just have to wait and see
(and do a lot of pinching back)
The real planting started on march 15 and March 23
Seedling on March 29 ~ about a week old
This is one of several trays.
These guys are about a week old☺

Here we are after the first transplant.

Ignore the million and one power cords☺
This weekend was (hopefully) the last "transplant" until they
go outside in 6 weeks.
Trays 1 & 2
Tomatoes, iceberg lettuce, peppers
 Trays 2 & 3
More peppers, cauliflower and broccoli
More peppers, cauliflower and a couple of marigolds
just for the heck of it☺

I'm kinda excited for summer....
Can ya tell?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One World One Heart 2011

One World ~ One Heart Giveaway

One World One Heart 2010