Year of Jewelry ~ Week 32

I've been so busy this summer with the new garden
(who knew we would have record temps and more sunshine
 than I have seen in any one summer I have spent in Alaska since moving here in 1992.
Two hours of watering. Everything. Every. Single. Day.
Not including the grass☺)
that I haven't had nearly as much time to spend "making"
as I would like.
Now that the rainy season is here, I feel like I have a little more free time
while I wait for "harvest time".
With fall quickly approaching it will be time to start canning all of the 
goodies I have been able to grow this year.
I'll post more about that when the time comes.
For now I hope to spend more of my time creating.
Hopefully accomplishing more than 'just' the one piece of jewelry per week
that I committed to for The Year of Jewelry Project.

I am almost completely caught up on those postings though☺

Here is Week 32
I am seriously in love with viking knit!
It's actually kind of relaxing, you can work on it while watching TV
in the evenings and not have to concentrate too hard.
It's also very forgiving for those of us who are just learning.
The draw plate hides many imperfections☺
This bracelet was made using 24g antique brass wire for the knit,
16g for the end caps and clasp and a gorgeous
JulsBeads lampwork "Bone"
with some wire wrapped pearls and crystals thrown in for the heck of it.

P.S. If you'd like to get you hands on some gorgeous lampwork
beads like that bone there, go here,
Juli is having a sale ~ 40% off until Tuesday!

Ok, now I am off to finish my project for Week 33,
which was due yesterday☺
so I can start my new project for this week.
I am determined to post that one on time before next Saturday!

Comments

  1. Love this~ I'm not adept with wire, but you are rocking it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Your viking knit works so perfectly with the bone focal. So happy that you HAVE a great garden. Are you canning and storing for those really long Alaska winters? We've had a rainy summer in WI, so not too much in the way of warm temps to get the veggies growing. Just in the last 3 weeks have we turned a corner and finally gotten a few tomatoes to ripen and my lonely 3 cucumbers. I guess I need to sprinkle more love on the cucumber plant! Have a fantastic weekend!
    {Hugs!}

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One World One Heart 2011

One World One Heart 2010

One World ~ One Heart Giveaway