Year of Jewelry Week 23 & 24

During the summer months I usually suck at posting..... anything.
Not apologizing, just FYI.
It's a time thing.
Full time job, gardening duties, yard work~
just a time thing☺

Oh yea...
And trying to make at least one piece of jewelry per week☺

Which is usually accomplished while curled up in my chair
 in the evening in front of the TV.


I don't know why the cord in the lower right picture looks green? It's not;-(
The necklace was made to match the bracelet and earrings
I gave to my sister.
She mentioned several months ago that she needed
 a necklace to go with them.

(Of course, I didn't want to rush into anything, 
so 5 months later I started working on it☺)
 
That gorgeous bead in the bracelet is a one of a kind
lampwork focal by Juli Cannon of Studio Juls
so I needed to get a little creative with the necklace☺
I made a focal with a similar color pattern using polymer clay,
then to balance out the necklace, I used one of the buttons from huge
stash of sewing "stuff" I inherited when our Grandma passed
years ago, and used it as the closure in front.
I was totally on track to have it made and mailed out in time for her birthday,
then I hit a bit of a bump in the road of life last week
 and timing got thrown off a little.
It is on it's way now and hopefully she likes it☺

Ok, now if you want to keep up on the garden updates, home life and such,
I am trying to post regularly to facebook here,
mainly to help me keep a "record of when I planted, what, and where
so I have that info for the following years,
and, of course,  pictures of moose babies♥
Just send a friend request ~ I'm easy☺

And if you want to follow along with the jewelry creations and clay work
and the occasional pictures of baby moose♥
you can like my facebook  page here~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One World One Heart 2011

One World ~ One Heart Giveaway

One World One Heart 2010