Saying goodbye ~~~~


I will have to say that this last month has seriously sucked
and being a grown-up isn't all it's cracked up to be, at times:(

On October 26th, we said goodbye to my baby girl
 Lily.
One of the hardest things for a fur parent 
 is to have to decide whether to continue to watch their baby suffer
or to end the pain and say goodbye.
I thought that that was one of the hardest decisions I would ever have to make.

Fast forward just a little over a week ....
I sat in a small, quiet consultation room with my Mother,
 helping her make the same decision about my step-father.

My step-father passed away on Monday Nov.4
less than 2 hours after being taken off of his breathing tube.

Michael John McBride
You were much loved and you will be sorely missed.

 My mother seems to be coping well.  Like me, she is comfortable with her own company
and she and Mike recently adopted
12 year old Sadey.

I think Mom is going to be fine.
Her awesome next door neighbor
 installed the doggy door my sister and I got her
(refused to be paid for it) has been putting her trash out every week
and shovels the driveway when it snows.
Mom still works 
(because she wants to, not because she has to)
and in her free time she is trying to teach 
Sadie not to be afraid of the new doggy door:~)

Comments

  1. Sending much love your way, Pat. I'm so sorry for the loss of your baby...I wish I could hug your neck. Godspeed to Mr Mike, and I'll be saying a prayer for your mom. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One World One Heart 2011

One World One Heart 2010

One World ~ One Heart Giveaway