Year of Jewelry ~ Week 11... and eagles...

This weeks prompt was
"Rescued from the Scrap Bin"


I have had this teardrop-ish pendant? in my scrap basket for a couple of years.
I had tried my hand at creating some mokume-gane and I was squishing up the
left over scrap clay and thought Oh! That's kinda pretty..

so I shaped it a little and baked it.
Then I thought it looked a little plain and kind of odd shaped
and didn't have a clue what to do with it☺
So it went in the scrap basket.
I actually pulled it out of that little basket yesterday and decided to
practice my wire wrapping.
(Nothing like waiting til the last minute)
I figured if it turned out crappy it could go right back where it came from☺
I obviously have a long way to go with my 'skills' in wire wrapping

But I don't think it has to back in the basket,
but I still am not sure where to go with it from here☺
I'll come up with something eventually. lol!

I am almost finished with my wholesale order
and in my spare time (HA!)
I came up with a new magnet design,
 two actually.
They are very similar.
I like one better than the other but hubby
prefers the other.
The colors will vary with every one of them
because they are hand painted with alcohol inks
(MAJOR learning curve with alcohol inks and polymer clay!)

Aside from the color, which design do you like best?



Comments

  1. I think I prefer the one on the right for balance, Pat, but I had to really study it. I love alcohol inks, but you are right about the learning curve, it seems they behave a little differently each time (so perhaps we should conclude they are "temperamental")!

    Nice job with your pendant, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one on the right also. It seems to be clearer. and I love the pendant! I have some beads that would just scream to be with it.

    I think it is cool you live in Alaska! I SOOOOO want to come up there! I live in FL....but I watch programs about Alaska on discovery channel. I just would love to come and experience it. The light and dark, the snow, the colors!!!! One day I will. I would love to move to a small town and live there for a year or so and just soak up the ambiance.

    OHHH and just love your dragon....he is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One World One Heart 2011

One World One Heart 2010

One World ~ One Heart Giveaway