The Year of Jewelry ~ Week 3

I swear I have other things happening in my life than just this project.☺

Hopefully I will start posting about some of those things....

But in the mean time I will just show you my week 3 project
I don't know why, but this one was really hard to photograph

(do you ever have one of those days when everything looks like it spelled wrong)
Oh well..........moving on........

I must have taken about 60 shots
Using different "props"
Different backgrounds
And different angles
and I still am not really thrilled with how any of the photos came out,
but I do like how the bracelet came out.
It was fun to just play.
I am waiting for this book, but thought I would do some experimenting on my own.
I used 16g dark annealed steel wire that I got at the hardware store.
I scrubbed it good with a sanding sponge, then I shaped the links,
whacked at them with a hammer.
Then I made some jump rings with some 20g steel wire and
joined the links and made an extender chain.
Completed bracelet before torching
Then... just because I was curious, I heated it with a torch.
Bracelet after torching
It turned kind of a bluish/black that I really like☺
I have a ton of ideas that I want to try using the steel.
This is exciting!


  1. I like how your experiment turned out, Pat. It's funny how some items seem to defy being photographed!

  2. I really like your experiment Pat!!! Great job! Hope you have a great rest of your weekend!

  3. Well done, Pat! Your wirework is awesome and I dig the torched color.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Internet ~ I've missed you☺

And then this happened......