my current addiction and other random stuff

My current addiction seems to be making pendants
(see crappy picture below)
Some with alcohol inks, but most with image transfer, I certainly haven't mastered it,


but I'm getting WAAAY better at it.
(see crappy picture above)
These still need their bails.


And when I go to make a necklace, even just a single one,

 I always seem to end up with this.

You see... I have yet to organize my beads.
They are not organized by color or by size or by material.
They are just perfectly random, and since I don't have the patience or time to organize right now, I have started trying to build more than one necklace at a time, sorta....

While I have my boxes of randomness spread out on the floor all around me,
I kind of pick out what I want to go with each pendant.  Not necessarily
the AMOUNTS  I will use, just the KIND I think I will use.
I just toss a few of each kind in a little box with the pendant so when I get ready to string it I can just go straight to the stones I have already picked out ;~)
So far it seems to be helping... a little.

I also have been trying to do more asymmetrical designs

I know it's not much of a difference, but for me it's a huge step.

And finally, since I know everyone out there is just aching to know what I had for dinner last night, I'll tell you.

I made Sweet and Sour Pork and Fried Rice,
and I was joined in the kitchen by my very enthusiastic helper........


Lily.

She wants to make absolutely sure that if something edible hits the floor, she doesn't have to expend too much energy to retrieve it ☺

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Comments

  1. I'm giggling... thanks for following my blog earlier! I have two wiggle butt kids too. Love it! Like you, I refer to myself as "asymmetrically challenged." I can't help it, I just like balance. :)

    Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful designs! Great to meet you!

    Dawn
    http://designsbydawnmarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One World One Heart 2011

One World ~ One Heart Giveaway

One World One Heart 2010