I Know You've Been Waiting.......


Thought I would show you what I did with the stairs.

When I laid the Pergo in the bedroom and hallway, I had every intention of doing the stairs too.

After feeling just how slippery this stuff is, I knew I had to cover the stairs with SOMETHING.

I have mentioned that I have dogs (my babies) and they run up and down these stairs at top speed.

Then I thought to myself, if I am going to have to cover them anyway why go through all the work of putting down Pergo.


I decided to paint instead.
The stairs are made out of that really chunky kind of particle board, so they have a really cool texture. I painted them with a tannish paint, then went over them with a really dark glaze.
I really like the way the painting came out.
Then I had to figure out how to cover them for "dog safety".
And , honestly, as slick as that Pergo is there is definitely an issue with "people safety" also.

So, I started looking for "carpet squares". Apparently they are one of the coolest new things to hit the interior design world.
(Obviuosly, I watch too much HGTV & DIY).
But, considering the blank looks I got from the people at the carpet stores, I have to assume the whole "carpet square phenom" hasn't hit Alaska yet.
So I opted for the next best thing, I found some area rugs that were the perfect size.
I cut them in half lengthwise and stapled them to the stair.
I love the color it adds, they vacuum great and if they get too dirty it's very inexpensive to replace them. And no flying down the stairs on your ass!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One World One Heart 2011

One World ~ One Heart Giveaway

One World One Heart 2010