To Bead or Not to Bead

This, hopefully, will become a pretty necklace.
The pendant was an experiment with alcohol inks, I added one of my late grandmother's buttons for no particular reason. I think it works.
I also mixed some custom colors of clay to make some "matching" square beads.
I'm going to throw in some mohogany obsidian, some tiger eye chips and some glass beads and we'll see what happens.

I don't even remember what I was making at the time, but all of these clay colors ended up on my work table together and I decided I needed to put them together somehow. They just seem to be happy colors. The colorful "bubbles" on the pendants are dimensional and I made some "bubble" beads to go with them.
For this one I think I'm going to try some fresh water pearls and gold chain.

I wanted to try some of my bubbles on black for some contrast, and I like the way it looks. These pendants I made smooth. I think it looks a little more dramatic.
I haven't quite decided how I want this one to come together.



I love making pendants, I even like making the occasional bead, but it is almost painfully difficult for me to try and figure out how to pull together a necklace.
I'm thinking seriously of revamping my etsy store and my site and just sticking to selling the pendants themselves. I know there are many people out there that can do them much more justice than I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One World One Heart 2011

One World ~ One Heart Giveaway

One World One Heart 2010