A whole lotta me.

As of the new year, there is apparently, a whole lotta me to love.

This post needs a little back-story.

I have spent my entire working life doing physical work.

I was a cocktail waitress/bartender for approx. 3 years, I worked construction, doing sheetrock, tape, texture and painting for approx. 8 years, then I moved to Alaska and started a new career in retail.

I worked sixteen years as a "working" Bakery Manager in a major grocery chain bakery,
I scratch baked, I threw freight (lots of it), I decorated cakes and I fried donuts (from 10pm to 6 am).

As I said I've worked very physically demanding jobs all of my life, until recently........

This is where it gets interesting......



Let me also mention that, after 30 years, I kicked the bad habit of smoking.
I quit smoking Oct. 22, 2007. My wonderful husband decides we should go into debt for 7 figures (which, by the way, I figured there was absolutely NO WAY this would ever actually happen) on or about January 15, and I quit my "physical" job of 16 years on July 1, 2008.

Ok, let's review the time line,
Quit smoking on October 22, 2007, (eat chocolate, eat chocolate, eat chocolate) still doing physical work, can still wear pants comfortably, it's all good.

February 1, 2008, found out buying our own small business might actually become a reality. A little stress ( A LOT OF STRESS) still wearing same pants, (eat chocolate, eat chocolate), just quite tight now.

Filled out LOTS of paperwork, did lots of research, gave 2 weeks notice to my employers on June 15th, signed my FREEKING life away on July 1, 2008.




Around my birthday, November 28, 2008, I decided to give in and buy some pants that I could wear AND still breath.

I am 45 years old, a 'NEW' non-smoker and I now have a "sit down" job for the first time in my life.

Great timing HUH?

Oh yeah, and I'm teaching myself how to be a bookkeeper for our new small business (which I've never done before) and I'm getting chunky! GOOD TIMES!!
Any weight loss or exercise ideas would be greatly appreciated as I move towards year-end reports of which I have............ NO CLUE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One World One Heart 2011

One World ~ One Heart Giveaway

One World One Heart 2010